Stone plastic composite (SPC) flooring brings a new dimension to luxury vinyl flooring. Centerstone is a remarkable, beautiful new type of luxury vinyl flooring that stands up to sizzling summers and frigid winters without developing the unsightly gaps and instability of some other types of flooring. You will be able to enjoy your beautiful new floor for decades under the toughest conditions.
The Importance of Dimensional Stability
If you’ve ever had a wooden door that expanded and contracted as the seasons changed, you understand the importance of dimensional stability. In the summer, your door swelled and was hard to open. In the winter, the wood shrank, leaving a small gap.
The same principle applies with many vinyl flooring products. As the ambient temperature changes, the flooring expands and contracts. As it shrinks in the winter, gaps form. Hot temperatures cause instability in the flooring’s structure. As you can imagine, this expansion and contraction has a cumulative and negative effect on the appearance and expected life of the floor.
The primary benefit of Stone Barn’s innovative Centerstone flooring is that this expansion and contraction doesn’t happen. Even under the extreme use of a commercial installation, the floor remains sturdy and beautiful year after year without needing to be replaced.
Additional Benefits of Centerstone Luxury Vinyl Plank and Tile
In addition to Centerstone’s long life and dimensional stability, you’ll enjoy many other benefits.
- 100% Waterproof: Essential in any home or business.
- Pet-friendly: Accidents are easy to clean up – Centerstone is engineered and warrantied to resist pet stains and odors.
- Eco-friendly: Centerstone is produced in an eco-friendly manner as are all other Stone Barn products. This flooring is non-toxic and free from formaldehyde, a dangerous chemical used in many flooring products that can cause respiratory issues, irritate the eyes, nose and throat and can even cause cancer.
- Hypoallergenic: Since all of Stone Barn’s luxury vinyl flooring is produced from inert materials, cleaning with water and a mild detergent is all that is needed. This also reduces the likelihood of allergic reactions.
- Resistant to: Fading, peeling, cupping, indentations and mildew.
- Built-in Safety Features: Our flooring is manufactured with safety as a priority, meeting requirements for slip resistance, commercial flammability and other safety codes.
- Multi-layer construction: 5 Layers for strength and stability
- Easy to install: 2G+5Gi Floating Click-Lock
Stone Plastic Composite (SPC) vs. Wood Plastic Composite (WPC) Flooring
Stone Barn’s Centerstone SPC flooring and our Brandywine Valley and Coastal collections of WPC flooring are both beautiful and long-lived. Centerstone expands the options when installing a new floor.
Understanding the differences between SPC and WPC flooring will help you decide which will be best to use in your next project.
Both SPC and WPC luxury vinyl flooring have a rigid core.
Centerstone and other SPC flooring has a core normally comprised of 60% limestone (calcium carbonate), PVC (polyvinyl chloride) and plasticizers, added to reduce brittleness and increase flexibility.
Brandywine Valley and other WPC flooring typically have a core consisting of PVC (polyvinyl chloride), limestone (calcium carbonate), wood-like plasticizers and/or wood or wood-like materials such as wood flour and a foaming agent.
As you can see, the two types of core are fairly alike. The primary difference is that Centerstone and other SPC flooring has much more limestone, giving it more of a stone composition, while Brandywine Valley and other WPC flooring are more wood-like.
Both SPC and WPC flooring are similar in appearance. Stone Barn’s REALFEEL technology beautifully replicates the natural appearance and texture of stone or wood. You’ll be proud to display these floors in your home or business.
Stability and Durability
The limestone core of SPC flooring has a higher density than the wood-like core of WPC flooring. This higher density is responsible for Centerstone’s dimensional stability, protecting the floor from damage caused by temperature variations. This feature is also responsible for a greater resistance to scratches and indentations that could be caused by heavy furniture.
Suitable for Both Commercial and Home Applications
Although SPC flooring was originally created for commercial applications that required very tough flooring, homeowners appreciate the benefits just as much. After all, no one wants to have to replace their floor.
Stone Barn’s Centerstone luxury vinyl plank and tile is a dream come true. You’ll love this beautiful, easy to clean, durable floor that is adaptable to either formal or casual settings.